Dr Ceri T Trevethan
Clinical Psychologist and Chartered Psychologist specialising in Neuropsychological Assessment and Rehabilitation
MA (Hons) PhD DClinPsychol PgDip CPsychol
Dr Ceri T Trevethan is a fully qualified and accredited Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS). She has considerable clinical experience specialising in inpatient and outpatient neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation for adults with acquired brain injury or neurological conditions in the NHS and third sector (Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability, Putney).
After graduating from the University of Aberdeen in 2000 with a first class honours degree in Psychology she then completed a PhD in the field of neuropsychology, exploring the impact of acquired occipital brain injury on aspects of vision. Following a further neuropsychology research post, she then completed her Doctorate in Clinical psychology at the University of Edinburgh in 2009. Dr Trevethan also completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology (with merit) at the University of Glasgow in 2016.
Dr Trevethan has extensive research, teaching, training and supervision experience. She currently holds a Lectureship (Scholarship) at the University of Aberdeen and an Honorary Principal Clinical Psychologist post with the Department of Clinical Neuropsychology, NHS Grampian. She has experience of supervising Assistant and Trainee Clinical Psychologists, as well as Allied Health Professionals. Dr Trevethan previously held an Honorary Research Fellowship at the University of Aberdeen (2006 – 2012) and an Honorary Lectureship at the University of Aberdeen (2012 – 2017), while working in a range of clinical posts within NHS Grampian.
Dr Trevethan has a particular interest in neuropsychological assessment, rehabilitation and self- management of acquired brain injury (including traumatic brain injury and stroke). She can also provide assessment and rehabilitation/self-management strategies in relation to other neurological conditions (including Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Huntington’s Disease).
Depending on condition, Dr Trevethan can provide:
- Neuropsychological assessment to provide a profile of your cognitive and psychological strengths and areas of difficulty
- Support with return to work after an acquired brain injury or period of neurological illness, including consulting with your employer where appropriate
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation to help you recognise and maximize your strengths, understand and compensate for areas of difficulty (e.g. memory, attention) and adjust to changes experienced
- Psychological Therapy to help with the emotional difficulties which can often occur after a brain injury or neurological condition, adjusting this for any cognitive difficulties (e.g. memory)
- Neuropsychological assessment for medico-legal reports
- Neuropsychological assessment for occupational health reports
Dr Trevethan’s post-qualification training includes:
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (Richman EMDR training)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training (NHS Grampian)
- Generic and Specialist Supervision Training (NES)
Dr Ceri Trevethan for neuropsychology enquiries: 07470 891 300 or email@example.com.