Dr Amber Keenan
Clinical Psychologist & Chartered Psychologist
BSc (Hons) MPhil DClinPsychol CPsychol
Dr Amber Keenan is a fully qualified and accredited Clinical Psychologist registered with the HCPC and chartered by the BPS. She is an experienced clinician in the area of adult mental health and has a strong research and academic background. She graduated from The University of Aberdeen in 2007 with first class honours in Psychology before completing a Masters of Philosophy in Neuroscience and Psychiatry in 2008 at The University of Manchester. Since this time Dr Keenan has been employed within NHS, University and Private Sector settings, completing her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at The University of Edinburgh in 2012.
Dr Keenan has experience in delivering a variety of teaching and training packages as well as regular consultancy and clinical supervision to psychologists and other health care professionals. She has supervised undergraduate and doctoral level research projects and is an Honorary Lecturer at The University of Aberdeen.
Dr Keenan’s post-qualification training includes:
- Witness Familiarisation Training (Betty Bott Consultation)
- Becoming an Expert Witness (BPS)
- Generic and Specialist Clinical Supervision (NHS Education Scotland (NES))
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR Works)
- Trauma in Later Life: Psychological Interventions for Specialist Practitioners (NES)
- Training The Trainers in Behavioural Activation for Depression (NES)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Psychosis (NES)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (NHS Grampian)
Dr Keenan has a particular interest in assessment and report compilation for occupational health and medico-legal matters. Her specialism is in anxiety, depression and PTSD following accidents and in relation to clinical negligence claims. She also provides expert opinion in work-related stress, psychological factors affecting work capacity and recommendations for workplace adaptations. Dr Keenan is also in a position to offer psychological therapy for those involved in medico-legal and/or occupational health matters.